SchoolPost: Text Messages
Text/SMS messages are an ideal last minute or emergency contact method if things are not going to plan. They can also act as useful reminders, or as quick feedback on a student's performance.
- SchoolPost makes it easy to text parents by class, yeargroup, field trip, sports groups etc.
- Easy to text all parents and staff in the event of a closure or other emergency.
- The messages clearly show the school name so parents know where they are from.
- All messages also go into the parent's online mailbox as backup to the text message itself.
SchoolPost also includes a unique 'remote text' feature which enables staff to send a text to a group of parents from any standard mobile phone - e.g. a teacher out with a field trip can text the students' parents directly from their own mobile simply by entering a special code with their message.
- A SchoolPost group is created containing the pupils going on the trip (also useful in the run up to the trip to send advance information to parents by email).
- The member of staff is given a unique 'code' which identifies the group, and a number to send their messages to (also confirmed in a text message to their own mobile).
- Once out on the trip the member of staff can send texts from a mobile phone and the messages are forwarded directly to the parents - including copies by email and in their SchoolPost online mailbox.