SchoolPost: Inclusive two-way parent communication
Most parent communication systems are predominately 'broadcast' systems - they send emails and texts.
That's fine - but many schools we speak to believe that school-to-home communication should be much more than this. SchoolPost covers the basics - emails and texts - and includes additional web-based features to provide a more reliable, inclusive communication channel. See these parent engagement statistics.
- More inclusive 'two-way' system for parents - as well as receiving emails and texts parents can access a secure website where they view and respond to all their school messages, and manage their own preferences and contact details. Read more >>
- Easy, secure way to publish reports online - upload a batch of documents referenced by student code and the system does the rest, emailing the correct parents with a link to retrieve the document from the secure website. Read more >>
- Big admin savings with web-based reply & consent forms - saves printing and postage and replaces paper reply slips. No more time-consuming collating of parents' responses; just download them straight into a spreadsheet. Read more >>
- Automatically collates routine messages - can be configured to send parents a single email at the end of the day listing all their new publications, helping to prevent 'email overload'. Read more >>
- Keep working through a school closure - also includes a personal web-based mailbox for every pupil, plus ability to send messages to their home email addresses. Ideal for sending work home if the school is closed; all a teacher needs is a standard browser and internet connection.
If you are currently uploading documents to a website, updating a parent portal and sending messages through a separate communication system then SchoolPost can save you time, hassle and money by combining all three.
Other unique features
- Customised to match your school's image - giving a professional, consistent look to parent communications. Emails come from an @yourschool address and link through to pages matching your existing visual identity. Read more >>
- Simple but powerful remote texting feature - enables staff to send a text message to a group of parents from any mobile phone whilst out on a field trip. Read more >>
- Integrates with other systems - reads data directly from your MIS and includes Web Parts for linking to a SharePoint portal. Read more >>
- Control of what is sent - various levels of staff accounts with different publishing rights gives full control of what is sent and when - including the ability to ‘roll-up’ multiple messages from different members of staff into single emails so that parents are not inundated with individual messages.
- Detailed logs - see at a glance who has actually opened any attached documents, and who has/not responded to any specific message.
- Available either as a fully managed hosted service, or for you to host on-site. Read more >>
If you are interested in a communication system which does much more than just 'broadcast' messages then please do give us a call – we would be happy to send further details, arrange a personal demonstration, or just put you in touch with a school already using SchoolPost.